A big thank you to Stephanie Thornton of Hatshepsut: The Writing of a Novel for awarding me the über-delicious Happy 101 award. Cupcakes and an award? Count me in.
First up, the rules (which are pretty simple). I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy and then pass the award on to 10 recipients. See? Simple.
Here I go.
1. Love. I am a romantic mushy girlie girl when it comes to the big L word. Love makes me very, very happy.
2. Up North. In Michigan, going up north is like going to a party--all your friends will be there. Even in the winter time people trek up north to go sledding and ice fishing, which is exactly what I'm doing this weekend. I can't wait!
3. Gardening. Strawberries, daisies, tomatoes and roses--I plant them all. I love nature and nurturing its growth.
4. Reading. Technically writing makes me happy too, but reading is SO much easier. I absolutely love getting lost in other people's stories and thinking about the characters hours after I've put the book down. Super cool.
5. Quiet mornings. Morning like today when I have the house to myself, a hot cup of cocoa, and a fully-charged laptop. Look out world, Stephanie Damore is out to tackle you.
6. Quilting. I love making quilts, especially baby ones. They're always super cute and friends love receiving them as gifts. Quilting also serves as another creative outlet when I'm drained from writing, but still wanna create something awesome.
7. Ice cream. YUM! I never liked chocolate ice cream much, but now it's my favorite flavor. Just yesterday I dug into a bowl of Edy's double churned chocolate while querying for BEAUTY SECRETS. Ice cream and querying, now there's a winning combination.
8. Blogging. Blogging really makes me happy. I love reading what you all have to say and having a place to express my personality every single day. Aren't blogs wonderful?
9. Cleaning. I might be on my own on this one, but I really like having a clean house. Now, I'm not saying my house is clean all the time, but it makes me happy when it is. I feel so productive after making my house shine.
10. Adventure. Whether it's traveling around the country or just trying a new restaurant, being adventurous makes me happy. Life's an adventure, live it!
Okay, now the 10 blogs that make me happy are as follows: (Oh, and sorry if you've already received this award, but you make me happy, so you get to receive it again!)
1. Laura Martone, Laura's Simple Pleasures
2. Shannon O'Donnell, Book Dreaming
3. Rayna Reads, Breaking into Publishing, One Day at a Time
4. Jennifer J. Bennett
5. Voidwalker, Into the Void
6. Wendy Sparrow, Where Ladybugs Roar
7. Diana Paz, Writing Roller Coasters
8. DebraLSchubert, Write On Target
9. Matthew Delman, Free the Princess
10. Lynnette Labelle, Chatterbox Chit Chat
Okay people, pass the happiness on!
This week in books 7/14/17 - This week! Books! But first, a programming note. Posts will be a bit sporadic in the next few weeks as I am headed to San Diego for the wonderment known ...
4 months ago