Monday, May 10, 2010

Doesn't that just grind your gears?


It can't just be me. Someone else has to have the same pet peeve. Last week the fifth and final book in the Garnet Lacey series came out and I ran out to B&N to buy it, but guess what, I couldn't find it.

But that's not my pet peeve.

It took some digging, and an employee helping to track it down, but eventually we did and to my horror, the book looked NOTHING like the rest in the series. Nothing. How can they change the final book? The layout/font/page design was exactly the same, but the cover wasn't. It's ugly. And not Garnet at all :(

Above are the first four books, the fifth one is below. See? They don't match. At all.

I've seen this before with one of Candace Havens' series, and I think in her case she switched publishers (or imprints). Now I'm just wondering what happened with Tate Hallaway's Garnet Lacey series. Does she care? Does she love the new cover? Did she have any say it???? Why oh why is it so different???? Looks like I have some research to do.

2 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Oh, that would be frustrating - and the first four covers look awesome! You're right, though, Steph. That last one is ugly.

Stephanie Damore said...

I Know, right? It drives me crazy!!!!