Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm back. I think...

In case you can't tell (and I haven't whined about it enough), I've been super freakin' busy (and yet I still feel like nothing's been accomplished).

Anywhooooo...

My brief re-entry into the real world has me treading back to the comforts of writing. Looking for a money-paying occupation has made me realize how much I really enjoy writing and all the baggage (I use that term lovingly) that comes with it. If only bills could be paid with good intentions (or I could hurry up and win the lottery already).

However, with the future uncertain (my crystal ball is broken) it looks like I'll have to find a way to balance fiction with reality--and no I'm not talking about writing a memoir a la Frey--but rather finding an 8-5 and still finding time to write. Which really isn't a enormous deal. I did it for YEARS. It's just the past 18 months that have really spoiled me.

So, wish me luck in my job hunt. At least the economy looks better in Pitt versus the lovely State of MI. See, I'm already thinking positive. Come on Karma, work your magic.

No comments: