Thursday, July 12, 2012

Finally Finished!

It's been a year since I set outlined my plan to rewrite Beauty Secrets and I can finally say that I'm done--again! That's probably the third or fourth time I've said that. We all know that a book is never really done, but right now Beauty Secrets is as good as I can make it. I'm proud of what I've written. If you believe in a story or concept enough then you owe it to yourself to see it through. Not that I'm hung up on the idea. I just felt like I owed it to myself to make the work as good as it could be--to have it reach its full potential if you will.

Now what?

Well, if you remember I did receive some good feedback from a couple of really cool agents. I've decided to resubmit the work to the one agent who'd provided the most feedback first to see if they're still interested. After that I'm going to tackle the rest on my list and go from there. If I say so myself, I think it's awesome that my story idea is just as good today as it was three years ago. I think that says something. It gives credibility to the saying, "Great writing isn't timely, it's timeless." Not that all rewrites should take years to complete. Gosh, I could never make a living if I wrote that slow. Truth be told I can bust out a first draft in 3-4 months and I have worked on other books since Beauty Secrets, but I always came back to this story because it never felt finished. Until now!

You guys probably all thought I'd given up, but nope, I'm still here. It's just when faced with the choice of blogging for an hour or writing, I chose writing. I hope you're all doing well and have met much success in recent months. Guess I better start reading some blogs to get caught up!


2 comments:

Stephanie Thornton said...

I hope the querying goes well and you get some great feedback and bites! I'm glad you're back!

Stephanie Damore said...

Thanks, Stephanie. I'm so excited for all of my blogger friends who are "making it." Congrats again!