Thursday, June 9, 2011

Food as Frenemy

Just wanted to give a shout out to my BFF and fellow writer, Sheri, and her awesome new blog, Food as Frenemy.

http://foodasfrenemy.blogspot.com

Here's her bio:
I’ve been anorexic, obese, and everything in between. I’ve counted calories, fat grams, carbs – and how many (insert sweet food here) I’d eaten in one sitting. I’ve eated out of boredom, stress, sadness, because it looked good, because it tasted good, and (gasp!) because I was hungry. My relationship with food has been an ongoing struggle in my life; now in my 40s, I’d like to stop wrestling with it and simply live alongside it in harmony.

Even if you and food get along like peas and carrots, you'll love reading Sheri's open and honest writing. In addition to her blog, she's a brilliant writer who's editing her first MS, which BTW will be published because it's that good (I've read parts of it). And unlike me, who spends too much time online, Sheri actually spends her evenings writing and editing. Such a good role model.

Anyway, go check it out. And Sheri? You rock!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I heart Stephanie Damore.

Thanks for your kind words! BTW, I love the "peas and carrots" comment - you're too clever.

Alas, I've spent the last hour checking out various blogs and never opened my MS. How does time go by so fast when one is surfing the 'net? Oh well ... even one page edited is one page closer to being done.

Stephanie Damore said...

Oh so true (on both accounts). I'm good about avoiding the internet when I'm obsessed about my MS, but that's like, what, every 6 months? :)

And you're welcome about the FaF comment. I tweated about it too!