Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Writing on the Road

Tomorrow night we're packing up the car and heading back to Michigan for the holiday weekend. I can't wait to see my family and friends and hangout at the cabin! It's time for boat rides, fireworks, campfires and smores. Mmm, smores.

I know I won't have ANY time to write once we pull into the Mitten State, but the 6-hour car ride is all mine. I'm thinking baby girl can't cry the whole trip, right? (Please God say "right!") And Dominic prefers to ride in silence, so I'm golden. Luckily I now know where I want the next part of the story to go, and I'm hoping the rest will continue to flow. Mind you, I'm still working on reworking the plot. After I finish the logistics, it's time to actually write the reworkings.

Wonder how long that will take me?

Not that timing matters. As much as I want to hurry, hurry, hurry, I know I need to tap the breaks. I don't want to screw up again and send the story off before it's finished. I mean, I thought it was finished before, but now I can clearly see that it wasn't. Ah, thank you perspective.

Well, wish me luck. Now I just need to finish three baby quilts, pack for the trip, oh yeah, and get some work done for the day job, and then I'll be good to go. Have a great Fourth everyone!

3 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

New follower here.

Nice ta meet ya, Steph!

Stephanie Damore said...

Hi Matthew. Welcome! I'll stop over and check out your blog :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like we're in the same boat. I sent my ms out to agents before it was really ready, too. I got some good feed back, but not the "yes" I was looking for. So, it's back to the rewrites.

Best of luck on yours!