Monday, August 24, 2009

Keeping Busy

You can only reread and proof your manuscript so many times, which is why the last couple of weeks I’ve been trying to keep busy around the house. For example, I’ve repainted the exterior of my home (including all 18 shutters), stained my front porch, reupholstered my kitchen chairs, baked blueberry muffins, apple pie and banana bread, and today I made homemade chicken noodle soup and chocolate silk pie.

See? I’m staying busy.

Next I’m going to tackle painting the kitchen… pretty soon the friendly folks at Home Depot and Menards are going to get sick of seeing me!

3 comments:

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

If you'd like to come to my house when you're done, I've got like a gazillion projects you could start on here.;-) And, thanks for the heads up on the mystery writer's contest. I recently joined MWA and am excited to dive in!

Laura Martone said...

Oh, Steph, I know exactly what you mean. My novel is way too long, as you know, and in need of continual revision, but I often find myself needing a break to recharge.

I fill such gaps with blogging, chores, baking, garden duties, walks, hammock naps, etc. So, you're not alone!

Stephanie Damore said...

Oh yes, blogging too! I spend countless hours doing that.

Debra - send me your to-do list - I'll get right on it.