I LOVE this article!
Here's how it works:
- Bread and Grains = classic literature, poetry, drama, contemporary prose
- Veggies = nonfiction, non-celebrity bios and memoirs
- Fruits = Sci-Fi, Fantasy, graphic novels, et al
- Meat = historical fiction, detective fiction, women’s fiction
- Dairy = chick-lit, YA, romance
- Sweets = celebrity bios/tell-alls, trashy novels
For me, I've never been a fan of carbs, so sorry to say I don't "eat" a lot of bread and grains. Now fruits? Those are delicious. And Meat? Gotta love meat, especially steak (aka detective fiction). Diary? Yep, I like that too. But sweets? Not so much.
So, I guess you could say my reading diet is pretty balanced-- a little bit of fantasy, a dash of mystery, some YA sprinkled on top, and romance blended until smooth. That sounds about right.
But that's just me. What about you?