Friday, August 21, 2009

What's Your Literary Diet?

Eric over at Pimp My Novel shared this link to Get Reeled In's "Literary Diet: How Do You Measure Up?"

I LOVE this article!


Here's how it works:
  • Bread and Grains = classic literature, poetry, drama, contemporary prose
  • Veggies = nonfiction, non-celebrity bios and memoirs
  • Fruits = Sci-Fi, Fantasy, graphic novels, et al
  • Meat = historical fiction, detective fiction, women’s fiction
  • Dairy = chick-lit, YA, romance
  • Sweets = celebrity bios/tell-alls, trashy novels
So, how does your diet stack up? Is it balanced?

For me, I've never been a fan of carbs, so sorry to say I don't "eat" a lot of bread and grains. Now fruits? Those are delicious. And Meat? Gotta love meat, especially steak (aka detective fiction). Diary? Yep, I like that too. But sweets? Not so much.

So, I guess you could say my reading diet is pretty balanced-- a little bit of fantasy, a dash of mystery, some YA sprinkled on top, and romance blended until smooth. That sounds about right.

But that's just me. What about you?

2 comments:

Laura Martone said...

Hi, Steph. It's your friendly neighborhood stalker again. Teehee.

But, seriously, thanks for the awesome link. It's a clever way to express one's literary tastes. I'd say that I'm heavy on the bread and grains, light on the dairy, with a bit of veggies, fruits, and meat on the side. No sweets whatsoever. If only my "real" diet reflected that.

Stephanie Damore said...

I know what you mean. I'm having cheesecake for dessert!