Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back to Basics

The last few hours have brought a refreshing sense of self and accomplishment for me. Sometimes I think too much, as the previous post and past two weeks have proven. Right now I'm taking my writing back to the basics and remembering what I love about it. We all have things we love about writing and being a writer. Of course there are times when the prospects of being published become killjoys, but the good times outweigh the bad any day. I'd rather be a writer than anything else. Period.

So now it's time to write. I've added some more characterization to Keira today and this afternoon I'm back to developing my new WIP, which, dare I say it, borders on literary fiction. Actually, there's no border about it. It is literary fiction. Eeep! I said it!!! Gasp.

Okay, back to work.

5 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Yay! Good for you, Steph! :-)

Laura Martone said...

Good for you indeed. I'll be getting back to basics soon enough - once I finish with my travel guide.

In the meantime, good luck with your writing - and yay for venturing into lit fic. That's my genre of choice!

lisa and laura said...

Hoorah! I love the moments where we remember why we got into this crazy writing business in the first place. I mean, if you don't love it, why bother?

Stephanie Thornton said...

Yay! I love literary fiction- good for you!

Voidwalker said...

Good, I'm glad. It sounds like you hampered down and decided to enjoy the heck out of writing again. Sometimes we get carried away and forget why we started in the first place.

"Love what you write and write what you love."