Thursday, February 4, 2010

What Are You Great At?


I'm good at lots of things--writing, crocheting, quilting, cooking, painting (rooms that is)--but there's only one thing I can think of that I'm great at, and that's being loyal.

According to the zodiac, I'm a Taurus which means I'm strong-willed (read: stubborn), hardworking and loyal. Couple this with my Chinese zodiac, the dog, and well, you've got a friend for life.

I pride myself in being loyal to my family and friends. If I say I'm going to do something, then by darn it, I'm doing it--no matter what! (That's the stubborn part.) Of course this means that I have little respect for those who say one thing an do another. And if you're a backstabber, well then that's a whole other case you don't even wanna know about :)

So that's me my friend, loyal for life. What about you? What are you GREAT at?

9 comments:

Bethers said...

I wish I could be great at everything I do, but alas every now and then that old icky feeling of inadequacy rears it's ugly head. I think I am great at being a mom, or so I've been told. 8-) I am also great at pleasing people, a trait that can take away from my own creativity time. You rock Stephanie, you are great at everything you do. You must have good genes!

Sage Ravenwood said...

Listening. Surprising for someone who is deaf. But I let someone talk and expose the heart they wear on their sleeve. I see the facial expressions, the hand movements and body language not just the words that spill over from their lips. In person I'm just one of those people who rarely says much, unless there is value in what I say. (Hugs)Indigo

Joshua McCune said...

I'll attest to the Taurus stubbornness and loyalty since my wife exhibits those traits in spades, and the hardworking one even more so... as for me, I'm not sure what I'm great at -- diplomacy, maybe (when I'm not involved :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Like you, I'm good at a lot of little things. I'm great at appreciating and loving high school students. :-)

Stephanie Damore said...

Bethers--spoken like a true mom. Although, I think you're bias.
P.S.
I have a cold. Your turn to bring over chicken noodle soup!

Stephanie Damore said...

Indigo--I bet your observations play into your writing, huh? It seems writers are observant people as is. I can only imagine how that gift is hightened in your case.

It's also better to be a good listener vs. talker. I tell that to my students all the time (of course I could heed my own advice).

Stephanie Damore said...

Bane--diplomacy, that's a good one. The more I think about it, the more I think most people can't realize what they're great at. We're really a modest bunch for the most part, no?

Stephanie Damore said...

Shannon--I don't even like high school students :) You're really amazing.

kanishk said...

you are great at everything you do. You must have good genes!

Work from home India