Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Need Chocolate

Today has been a busy day and I've officially reached my full mental capacity.

NANO, what's that? The last two days I've kinda let LG&L die off at 13,000 words to shift my attention back to BEAUTY SECRETS. You see, I received some feedback from a super fantastic agent a couple months ago and at the time I wasn't sure how to take their advice. Not that I didn't want to take it, but that I wasn't sure exactly how to do what they were asking for.

I mean, at first their comments didn't make any sense because they were supposed to love my novel as is, right? And then their comments made sense, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to change my story that way. And then suddenly in the calming moment that is my nightly bubble bath It. Just. Made. Sense.

EREKA! I get it!!!!!

However, my happy moment of elation was quickly replaced by "Oh Crap!" now what?!

I understand the concept and what I have to do. Now I just have to do it. I think I better go put my Nike gear on before I tackle this one. Oh, and eat chocolate. Lot's and lot's of chocolate!

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Wendy Sparrow said...

It's nice to feel like you understand the direction you're meant to be heading in--even if getting there is tricky.

My word verification is "paula." I think that's bizarre.

BTW, has anyone ever told you that you look like Jessica Alba in Fantastic Four in your photo?

Stephanie Thornton said...

Isn't strange how Eureka Moments come from the middle of nowhere? Most of mine come as I'm brushing my teeth, in the shower, or just as I've crawled into bed and gotten all cozy and warm. I've finally learned to keep paper and pen by my bed so I can write them down!

Did the super agent want you to resubmit with the changes?

Stephanie Damore said...

Wendy - yes it's nice, but also maddening. I gave myself a headache from thinking too much last night.

And then as Steph said, I got all nice and cozy in bed and then wham-o! I knew what I wanted to write. Paper and pen by my bedside (and in the car)is primo important.

Jessica Alba? I'll take that! I knew I liked that picture...

Stephanie Damore said...

Hey Steph, super agent said that if I decided to revise, they'd be happy to take another look. Which in that respect, I'd be crazy not to revise and resubmit because said agent is well, super. I just want to make sure the revisions are adequately made before I send it off again.

Stephanie Damore said...

Wendy - Paula? I can never think of that name without associating it with Paul Abdul, which of course leads to my rendition of Cold Hearted and Straight Up...

Unknown said...

Steph, that's so exciting! Just think, you're on your way baby!