Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's Your Secret?

We all know writing well is not easy, being published is even harder, which is why I thought I'd ask what your secret was for staying motivated.

Mine? Well, it's pretty simple - I read and blog. Seriously, that's about it. When I don't feel like writing, I check out what other writers have to say. Generally I'll find motivation in something they've said. Same goes for reading or even walking into a book store. I see all those books and think if they did it, then so can I. With that being said, a big thank you to all of you who write and blog everyday. Keep the inspiration and motivation coming!

Now tell me, what's your secret?

4 comments:

Lynnette Labelle said...

My lack of motivation is directly related to the energy drain I've been experiencing because of my lovely twins. Hopefully, they'll have a good day today. *crossing fingers*

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Stephanie Damore said...

I'll cross my fingers for you too. Kids are hard work, but twins? Bless you!

Stephanie Thornton said...

I find little things that inspire me throughout the day- words I like, a line of dialogue that pops into my head. I write them down and then force myself to sit down to write, even if I don't want to. Then I find inspiration for a scene that sparks from those little notes.

And I read blogs too!

Wendy Sparrow said...

Lately--it's been Diana. It's nice having a cheerleader who motivates you.